She is too funny. She is into everything, and I mean everything. She learned to open doors so I made a special place in our curio cabinet where I keep her toys so that she has that to open and take everything out of. She loves to be in there as you will see in the pictures. Her hair is growing as well and she loves bath time. The water is really cloudy because we are still on oatmeal baths for her skin rash. She has really sensitive skin on her belly and back. She gets a rash often so we have to give her oatmeal baths to soften the skin back up and treat it with hydro cortisone cream. Her doctor said that it is probably just the time of the year, many babies get dry rash skin in winter. Since it has not gotten worse and is only on her belly and back the doctor hopes it will go away with summer. The oatmeal baths have been going really well, except for the one where she found an un dissolved piece of the oatmeal powder and ate it. I was like "what are you chewing on", then she smiled and a saw her mouth with white powder in it. I read the box and it says "keep away from children and if ingested call poison control". Ok I was panicked. Why would the doctor tell me to give her oatmeal baths if she cannot swallow any of the oatmeal solution. She is a baby, of course she is going to get some in her mouth. I called poison control and the stuff is not poisonous at all. They just put that warning on the box just to cover there liabilities. I told the lady at poison control that Hailey probably thought that breakfast had followed her into the bath, we just got done eating oatmeal for breakfast=)
She is also on the move. She is now a walker at 9 1/2 months. She started walking 3-5 steps about two weeks ago. They were so shaky and she could only do it once in a while. Well over the last week she has progressed into a full walker. She barely crawls anymore. She prefers to struggle and walk the distance. She is making me very nervous because she is still so shaky and when she is going toward something like the tv stand she is reaching so far ahead. Tonight she took a spill into the tv stand, no bruises, thank goodness. She was walking very slowly and I was right behind saying "be careful" she also had a soft toy in her mouth which I think hit the stand first. She was more scared than anything, I tried to console her but she pushed away and wanted to get back to trying to walk. She is such a tough kid.
Babbling is also one of her new favorite things. She is mimicking sounds. Today Sarah said "hi" to her and Hailey said "hi" back. I will tell her what things are and she will try to say them. She usually gets the first sound right and the rest is just babble. Tonight I said lets find your toys and she kept doing the sound for "t". I think when she starts talking, just like walking, we will not stop her even for a minute. She seems to really catch onto things fast.
Her vocabulary is still dad, mom and di for diva. She tries to say diva but those "v" sounds are so tough. She loves to give kisses to herself in mirrors and has now started to give kisses to babies in books. It is too cute when you find a baby in a book she leans right in and kisses them, big wet kisses of course. She also has to kiss all her animals on her mobile when she gets out of her crib. She points to them and makes noises so we have to kiss them all before we leave the room. She is eating many, many more things like lunch meats, cooked veggies and loves fruit. She is a good eater but it does not show. I wish she would put on a few pounds. She could us the extra cushion now that she is walking.
BIG HUGS & little hugs,
Kristy & Hailey
No comments:
Post a Comment