Another Christmas has come and gone. It is amazing how you build up to one day and in a blink of an eye it is over. I had tears of hurt in the morning thinking that this would be the first of many Christmas Days without my brother Dean. I cried for his wife and boys, my parents and for myself that we would not hear his laugh and see his smile. I then thought of all our loved ones who would not be present, brothers, nephews, grandparents and cousins. All too many have gone already to rest with our Lord. All the hurt was taken away by a big hug that my husband gave and knowing that someday we will see them all again.
Diva opened her gifts and loved the new pillow and chew toys. Tim loved his Ipod and I loved my kitchen gagets I got. The morning was spent with just Tim and Diva and was the most peaceful, enjoying morning. I am truly blessed.
Then it was on to the family gatherings. They were all great, fun, lots of laughter. It is great to see that families can carry on when someone is missing but you know deep down the hurt and pain is there. A big hug was given to my sister-in-law and the tears followed. I am amazed that she is so strong. I pray so often for the Lord to give her and her family strength.
I held the baby yesterday for a long while. Wishing it was mine to take home but knew it would come in God's time. She is three weeks old and so precious, sweet and perfect. I really can't wait til the day comes when I can hold our child in my arms.
The day ended late and today came too soon. Unfortunately I am sick today with a cold. It will be a lazy day in the office and hopefully I can kick the cold before it gets worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment