Yesterday I received a voicemail from Jaime at Bethany. I knew that a birthmom would be looking at profiles yesterday so I had my mom saying prayers and myself saying prayers that we might get to the next step this time. I prayed that we might get the chance to meet a birthmom and that the situation seemed right this time.
At noon when my dad and I came in from the wood shop I checked my voicemail to hear Jaime (From Bethany) at the other end saying to call her. Of course I wasted no time and called her right away. It was the call we had been waiting for. A birthmom wanted to meet us. I really don't think I have stopped smiling since. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the wood shop with my dad but my mind was on nothing but the baby. My dad and mom were so excited as well. Dad looked at me a couple times and would just say 4 months. We found out that the baby is due in May so it would be only 4 months before we would be parents. It was quite cute to see him so excited. My mom almost cried with joy for us. I told her she must have pull up there because her prayers worked! Tim was gone but I called him right away and he didn't even know what to say. I think he was in shock that this was happening. I later talked with him and he said that he was very excited and if it was meant to be it would be, so we should be prepared for what was to come good or bad. He is so level headed. I love him for that!
Some of the details are this. Birthmom is a senior in high school and looking to adopt out the baby girl that she will have mid-May. She is healthy, the birthfather is healthy and there have been no complications this far in the pregnancy. Very exciting!
The best news is that she wants to meet us on Saturday. So we have a meeting set up tomorrow at 1pm. I can't wait to meet her. My only hope is that she likes us as much as she did when she read our profile. She loved our big family, catholic faith, Diva and the fact that we travel. I really hope that we have an instant connection.
This one feels so right this time. My hope of hopes is that this all works out in God's plan.
I will write more after the meeting. Good or bad. Let's pray for good=)
Love,
Kristy
1 comment:
Praying & SO excited for you guys!!!
Post a Comment