Yesterday was a day to praise God for all the blessings in our life, including our birthmom. Yes I said "our" birthmom. We are officially chosen to adopt a baby=) Our birthmom is so wonderful, beautiful, kind, and down to earth. We fell in love with her the minute we started talking. It just feels so right. She has dark hair, dark eyes a beautiful smile and a very kind heart. She loves to dance, LOVES football and desperate housewives. She is very level headed and wants to attend massage school for a year after high school. The whole time we were there I really felt as if I knew her and her mom. It was as if I had met them before. It was so great. The meeting went about an hour and a half and at the end she asked us to attend the ultra sound on Tuesday=) Her social worker asked if that meant she had made her choice and she said "Yes they are the ones". I almost cried but held back the tears. I have not stopped smiling since. She really is our angel on earth. We could not be more happy than we are right now. God's plan is good, better than we could have imagined.
Hailey Ann Lamers is due May 14th. Hailey is the name that her birthmom picked out and Ann is her middle name that is for my mother Joan Ann and my sister Lu Ann. It is just fitting that she is named after her grandma and special aunt that will be called nana!
I made so many calls yesterday to spread the good news. We have not been this excited since we got engaged. How blessed are we.
On Tuesday we are going to lunch with the birthmom and then to the ultra sound to get a picture of our little girl.
I knew the day would come but we did not expect that it would be this perfect and this wonderful. It was worth the wait!
I will write more and post a picture of the baby after our ultra sound on Tuesday!
Kristy
1 comment:
How exciting!
Congratulations, Kristy. Now the preparations begin...
:)
Post a Comment