Last night Tim and I put up Hailey's crib. It was fun. I snapped a few pictures helped hold a few things and the crib was up. It was very easy, almost too easy. Then I started to panic. Was is built well enough to hold Hailey? Was there places where her little fingers would get caught? The base didn't seem solid enough if she started jumping up and down? Could the rail come down when she is trying to stand up? On and on and on. Worry, worry, worry. Tim finally looked at me and said that I was just like my mother and if I didn't stop I would get high blood pressure.
I realized last night that I am my mother's daughter. I worry about things that I cannot control. I was panicked about the safety of my crib and Hailey is not even in it yet. The crib is brand new, bought from Babie's R Us and was not the lowest cost crib, it was mid range. Tim assured me that many, many babies have slept in this same brand of crib and have been just fine. He also said that many babies don't have cribs so I should be happy she has one- Ok that is just my husband mocking me=(
Can anyone answer my question...Will I worry about her from the day she hits my arms until the day I die? Lord I hope I can put my worries to rest so I don't end up with high blood pressure and insane from worries=)lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment