Monday, April 11, 2011

Kwinkle, Kwinkle Little Star


Hailey has started to sing for us. Her favorite song right now is Twinkle, Twinkle but she says Kwinkle, Kwinkle when singing it. I could listen two her sing all day long. She knows all the words. It is weird that I could cry every time I think of how fast she is growing and changing. I also worry that I won't remember all the fun, cute things she did at this age. I feel like everyday I could write down 10 things she did that I laughed at or don't want to forget she once did. Like the other day in church, she decided mommy needed kisses, but not just on the lips. It started on the lips, then went to my cheek, both cheeks, then my forehead and chin. I had to ask her nicely to stop and it broke my heart to tell her I didn't want so many kisses. I am not sure where she got the idea to kiss me all over my face but she thought that it was what she had to do. A few days later we went to the doggie day care to pick up Diva. A man walked in behind us and Hailey turned around. She pointed at Diva and said "This is Diva". The man acknowledged her and then she pointed at me and said "This is my mama". It made my heart leap with joy. She is claiming me as her mom. I don't know if everyone feels this the first time their children claim you as theirs but I did. I was smiles from ear to ear! I don't want to forget what these days were like with her. I love each and ever day so very much. Can't I just make time stand still for a little while so I can soak up all the memories or at least get our my camcorder more and capture them so they become timeless. No one ever told me how motherhood would make you want to slow down a bit and make time stand still. Tonight I am in Dallas, having missed one full day of my daughters ever changing life. It makes me sad to think today is a day I did not get to spend time with her. It also makes me appreciate all the time I do get with her. I have four and a half more days away from my sunshine. The only thing that got me through today was the phone call at 9am from her and the fact that my sister could not keep her on the phone with me because Hailey had better things to do. She obviously is doing great at aunt Kelly's house. I am convinced that I miss her way more than she misses me. Sad but true!


Kristy


p.s. Hailey had to send kisses to all of you!

No comments: