This past weekend Tim and I had a chance to go to an adoption luncheon and fashion show put on by Bethany our adoption agency. What a wonderful day. We saw beautiful families all created through adoption and it gave us such hope and life to our dreams.
We met the nicest couple who had a 17 month old little boy. He was so fun. The fashion show was so neat to see all the different children. Some shy, some not so shy. The ages were from teens to the 17 month old that was at our table. He was the cutest thing. He actually clapped for himself at the end of the run way!
The lady we met said she blogged her sons adoption story so that all her friends and family can keep up to date with what is happening. I thought what a wonderful idea. I can update everyone at once and people can visit the blog when they have time.
So this is a trial to see if I like it or not. We will see where this takes us...
As for those who have been keeping up with our journey so far. No news today. We still do not know weather or not baby Toby will be placed for adoption or not. We pray each an every night that his birth parents make the best decision for him and not a selfish one for themselves.
Baby Toby was born to a Nigerian mother and father who are going to college here in Wisconsin. Toby is about 8 weeks old right now and his birthparents are deciding if they want to place him for adoption. As far as we know we are the only family they are considering to place baby Toby with. We have been waiting now for two weeks to see what they decide. I pray for patience at this time because we want a child so badly. Waiting is the hardest thing!
Oh- I just had to upload the pix of Diva. She is my baby now and will always be my first baby! Isn't she cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment