
I don't have words to describe the baby shower day. It was too perfect. Stephanie and her mom Karen started their day at our house seeing the baby room and looking at the house that Hailey will call home. They loved the room, especially the Eeyore and piglet wall. Come to find out Stephanie's favorite character is Eeyore and Karen's is piglet. How fitting! The marveled in the baby room and how much it reminded them of a storybook. It was so awesome to see their approval of the room and the house. I know Stephanie was happy with what she saw.
The one moment I wish I could hold forever was when we were in the baby room. Diva was sniffing Stephanie's belly and Steph held onto her belly and asked Diva if she was ready for this baby. I would have cried if I could have. It was just the perfect moment!
After the house visit it was off to the baby shower. I was a little nervous for Stephanie and Karen. For them to meet 75 of my relation and close friends all in one day. Would it overwhelm them or would it be ok. We were the first three people to arrive and so Stephanie and Karen go to meet my sisters, mom and best friends, Kate, Jaime, Michelle, Danni and Kelly B.
LuAnn was the first to start the greeting and started if off perfectly with hugs to both Stephanie and Karen. That was followed by hugs from everyone. My mom and Karen shared a moment as mother's and if I could I would have saved that moment forever in my heart.
The day went so well. Everyone LOVED Stephanie and Karen. The meal was great, way too much food=) Everyone was over giving, the gifts that Hailey got were too much! She will be dressed to a tee for the first year at least=) Stephanie gave us a Vera Bradley bag that is so adorable and perfect. It came with a bib made by Karen hand stitched with Pooh and piglet on the front. They also gave their favorite books to Hailey, each with a special message.
I have to say that the baby shower day was one of the best days of my life. I enjoyed every minute of it and wish I could have taped the whole day so I could watch it again and again!
God worked his miracles on that day. He brought together two families for a lifetime. My mom said it best when saying good bye to Karen. "You are not loosing her (Hailey), she will always have you and we are now all family."
Thank the Lord for all the blessings in our lives!
Kristy
The one moment I wish I could hold forever was when we were in the baby room. Diva was sniffing Stephanie's belly and Steph held onto her belly and asked Diva if she was ready for this baby. I would have cried if I could have. It was just the perfect moment!
After the house visit it was off to the baby shower. I was a little nervous for Stephanie and Karen. For them to meet 75 of my relation and close friends all in one day. Would it overwhelm them or would it be ok. We were the first three people to arrive and so Stephanie and Karen go to meet my sisters, mom and best friends, Kate, Jaime, Michelle, Danni and Kelly B.
LuAnn was the first to start the greeting and started if off perfectly with hugs to both Stephanie and Karen. That was followed by hugs from everyone. My mom and Karen shared a moment as mother's and if I could I would have saved that moment forever in my heart.
The day went so well. Everyone LOVED Stephanie and Karen. The meal was great, way too much food=) Everyone was over giving, the gifts that Hailey got were too much! She will be dressed to a tee for the first year at least=) Stephanie gave us a Vera Bradley bag that is so adorable and perfect. It came with a bib made by Karen hand stitched with Pooh and piglet on the front. They also gave their favorite books to Hailey, each with a special message.
I have to say that the baby shower day was one of the best days of my life. I enjoyed every minute of it and wish I could have taped the whole day so I could watch it again and again!
God worked his miracles on that day. He brought together two families for a lifetime. My mom said it best when saying good bye to Karen. "You are not loosing her (Hailey), she will always have you and we are now all family."
Thank the Lord for all the blessings in our lives!
Kristy
No comments:
Post a Comment