Has anyone out there attempted to make an XS baby outfit? Well I did and I have to say that now have about 8 hours into it and it is still not done=) How can something so small take so much time?
I have sewn before, curtains, blankets, button holes on pants, etc....Nothing like using a pattern for baby clothes, especially when it is XS=( I struggled with Hailey's new romper for about 7 hours on Sunday afternoon and it is quite ugly. It was such a disappointment. I thought that it would take me about 3 hours from start to finish, no chance of that! How did my mother make clothes in an afternoon? She dressed all 7 kids in handmade coats, pants and shirts?
I have a new respect for my mom after my attempt at baby clothes. Tim and I did have a few good laughs when he looked at it and asked what in the world it was. I could not even get mad at that because I myself was asking how in the world the piece of material I had in front of me would ever turn into a baby outfit. I am almost finished with it and it is not pretty but Hailey will wear it at least once and I will take a picture so I can laugh in my later years about the one baby outfit I attempted and failed miserably at making=) I still have one more outfit to make since I have the pattern and material to do it. I might take this one to my mom's and ask for help this time=)
No comments:
Post a Comment