
We took Hailey to the New Zoo in Green Bay and she loved it! It was a very fun couple hours walking around the Zoo and watching her reaction to the animals. She most loved the Giraffe and feeding him. We walked in right when feeding time was so it was perfect. She was so entertained. I was entertained just watching her face when the Giraffe's tongue would pop out if his mouth. It was too funny. She also loved feeding the goats and lama. After the zoo we had a picnic in a park and then went to the YMCA for an afternoon swim. It was a very exhausting day for her and us. She loves the water, but is a little too brave. She does not understand that she has to stay by us when we are in the deep. She pushes away and wants to swim on her own. So you pretty much put one hand under her belly and let her splash around. Good thing is her swim lessons this summer kicked in and she knows enough to hold her breath when we dunk her under. And she does not mind at all going under the water. So I would say swim lesson paid off!
Tim also put up a new swing in our back yard a month or so ago. Hailey loves to swing and we needed something to do when we were outside. Attached is a picture of her in the new swing. The newness wore off but she is still up for about 10 minutes of swinging when we are in the back yard. 10 minutes of her not running around is better than nothing!
Hailey is the most helpful child I know. When I sweep she needs to have a broom too, when I vacuum, if she is not riding on the canister, she is helping me push the vacuum head. I do hope that her helpfulness with cleaning and chores stays so that it will become useful. Right now it is a little challenging to say the least! I would not change it for the world because I know this time will not last and I will want it back.
She is also one of the most affectionate little girls. She loves to give big hugs and kisses. The other day I was hugging Tim before he left for the day and she pushed her way between us and wanted to come up. So Tim picked her up and we both held her smooshed between us. She then took her hand and pushed my head to Tim's shoulder and laid her head on the other shoulder. I wish someone could have been there to record it. It was the sweetest moment shared between us.
God has blessed us with a loving, smart, energetic girl, who makes my life so complete. What would we do with out her!
BIG HUGS,
Kristy
p.s. The other picture is of her in Mommy's shoes and head band. She is already starting dress up! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment