Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Days or is it still Summer?




My little girl is not really little anymore. Let me list all the new things she now does. She is going on the potty about 1/2 the time. She tells me when she has to go but sometimes has already gone. She is now using it as a way to get out of going to bed. You lay her down and she cries "potty". I can't not get her up and let her try because I really want her to be potty trained. At what point do you just say "no, you already went" w/out discouraging her. I guess I will have to figure this out.

Her vocabulary is becoming better by the day. We read her picture book and she knows about 85% of what is in the book by name. A few things are still confusing. She calls the elephant a "horsie" and for a bib she says "eat". I am enjoying these days with a 17 month old so much. Each and everyday is something new.

The other day she squeezed herself between our screen door and front door and stuck her little arm out and said "see you". Then giggled when I said "see you, where you going?". She is too cute.

Attached are a couple pictures from this fall, or should I say summer. We definitely had our Indian summer in October this year. It was wonderful. I wish all fall days could be enjoyed in pants and short sleeves=) The one with the bow was just taken two nights ago. We had a ribbon and I tied it in my hair. She had to have it on then too. I think it is too cute.

God has blessed me with a beautiful daughter and wonderful husband. What more could a girl ask for.

Kristy

No comments: