Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How Life Changes

It is official. I no longer have a spotless house, have everything done when it should be done and get an early start to my day. It is so hard to get going in the morning when you are tired and your baby is snuggled in again after her 4 am feeding. I have made a habit of going back to bed after her 4 am feeding and sleeping until she eats next at around 8am. I NEVER use to sleep until 8am! I am feeling so lazy when I do but seriously I don't think I could function if I didn't go back to bed after the 4 am feeding.

We are raising a night owl. She perks up after her 10 pm feeding and does not want to go to bed so we end up staying up til 11 or midnight or listen to her playing in her bassinet until she falls asleep.

The other night Tim happened to mention that our insurance agent would be coming to the house at 9 am the next day. I was rather surprised and realized that the house was a disaster but didn't feel like getting back out of bed to clean the house before morning so I asked him to wake me up in the morning so I could get things cleaned before our agent showed up.

Well Tim forgot to wake me up and Hailey did not get up until 8am for her feeding so that is when I woke up in a panic. The house was a mess, Hailey had to eat and we both needed showers before 9am. Impossible! So we did the best we could and Hailey and I showered together for the first time. To my surprise she loved it. The didn't cry not even once. The pictures are of her wrapped up in a towel while I finished my shower.

After the shower I scrambled to clean the house but our agent was early so he walked into a mess. Oh well, I guess that is the new life I have, it is more important to have a clean baby than a clean house=)

I do LOVE my new life. It takes some getting use to but I think we are all adjusting well!

BIG HUGS & little hugs
Kristy & Hailey

No comments: