It was the first time Tim was gone from Hailey and I had to be a single parent. WOW! I must say that single parenting is NOT for me. I never realized how much Tim helps me out. Even if it is just 5 minutes here and there. He always entertains Hailey after dinner so I can do dishes. He always takes one feeding a day, which is God sent on most days. He is super dad in my eyes. I really don't know how single parents do it. I am so blessed to have a husband that enjoys time with his daughter. I also feel that Hailey is really blessed to have two parents that love her so much. The time alone with Hailey made me think of Steph a lot and I realized what raising Hailey would have been like for her. I never questioned her desire to adopt out Hailey but after four days of single parenting I understand it even more!
I really didn't know if Hailey even realized Tim was missing. Then he came home and she light right up! As soon as she heard his voice she smiled and when he laid on the floor by her she told him all about our four days without him. Ok, she really didn't talk but that is what it seemed like. She was so happy to see him.
It filled my heart with joy to see our daughter gleaming with happiness because her daddy came home. Gods hands have given us so much to be thankful for.
One last note... Hailey & Mom's favorite toy. Soothing Sounds Giraffe. It is amazing. She loves the sounds he makes and it makes her fall asleep. We use it every night and even sometimes during the day for naps. He has four different songs or sounds and plays for 25 or 45 minutes. I even like listening to it at night before we fall asleep=) The picture is Hailey taking a nap on our bed with her giraffe=)
God Bless!
Kristy
No comments:
Post a Comment